Patricia A. London, DDS
Jackson P. Boone, DDS
Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
213 Church St NE
Concord, NC 28025
COVID-19 Update from Bright Inspired Dentistry:
What a whirlwind the last few months have been! It has been a stressful and unsettling
time, filled with uncertainty about what the future may hold. Our office is blessed to be part of
a wonderful community, and it has been heartwarming to see the support people have shown
for one another. We are all thankful for our health and the health of our families and friends
during this time, and continue to pray for those on the front lines.
As of May 11, 2020, we are open for business. We have missed you! To make sure we can keep everyone as safe as possible, we have done extensive research to make sure we implement every precaution.
As a dental office, we already have very robust infection control protocols in place
meant to combat infectious diseases. However, given the nature of COVID-19, we have
implemented several additional protocols to better protect you and ourselves.
1. UltraHEPA air filtration units. These units are individually equipped to filter the air
multiple times per hour and will filter particles down to 0.003 microns (the smallest
COVID-19 particle is thought to be 0.06 microns).
2. We have extra high-volume suction equipment for our hygienists to minimize aerosols
created during cleaning appointments. Treatment rooms already contain this
3. We will disinfect commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops, IPads,
etc. at high frequency.
4. We will screen patients over the phone, and again when they come for their
appointment. We will take temperatures upon arrival.
5. For the immediate future, we will not use our waiting room for patients or family. We
will utilize a “virtual waiting room” to minimize patient-to-patient contact. Patients will
be asked to call or text our office when they arrive for their appointment, but remain in
their car or outside until we call or text them to come in. A member of our team will
greet them at the door. We ask that patients avoid bringing friends and family to their
appointments. Exceptions will be made for children or those with special needs, but
those attending the appointment with them will also be required to go through the
6. We have removed all magazines, toys, pamphlets, business cards and communal
refreshments. Bottled water and prizes will still be available upon request.
7. Patients will be asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering to their appointment, and
we will have them wash their hands and use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
8. The number of patients in the office will be limited, with extended time between
appointments to support patient distancing and leave extra time for air filtration and
9. Patients will use a pre-treatment rinse prior to any aerosol-generating procedure. This
has been shown to be effective at killing bacteria and viruses for a short time, so even if
a patient does happen to be a silent carrier of the virus, this will significantly decrease
the virus in their mouth and the environment.
10. All team members will be screened daily with temperatures taken, and will be asked to
stay home if they are not feeling well.
11. Our team will wear additional personal protective equipment to keep them safe, and have all been trained on the latest practices for minimizing transmission of the virus.
12. We have basically bypassed our business office and have a one-way flow in and out. Forms will be handled online as much as possible.
During this time, things may seem different in the dental office just as they are in our
regular lives. Protective protocols will continue to evolve as the world learns more about this
virus and how to keep everyone safe. Rest assured that we will stay up to date with all new
developments, and we will implement all recommended protocols designed to keep you and
our team safe while here in the office.
We understand that as the coronavirus situation has unfolded, all of us have been faced
with questions about how to lead our daily lives and been met with uncertainty and frustration.
Please reach out to our office if you have any questions or concerns about anything. We will be
a resource for you in any way that we can, even if it doesn’t pertain to your dental visit.
We will remain available by phone, as we have throughout this time, for emergencies,
scheduling/rescheduling appointments, and any general inquiries you might have. We truly
appreciate your trust and loyalty, and will continue providing you and your family with honest,
high quality care. We have missed our patients as well as each other, and are very excited to
see everyone back at the office.
The future is looking BRIGHT!
See you soon,
Jackson P. Boone, DDS
Patricia A. London, DDS